SOUTH ORANGE COUNTY LOW VISION SERVICES
Low Vision Optometry of Southern California offers empathetic care and a comprehensive range of low vision services to its patients.
With a deep dedication towards helping all people with low vision maximize their remaining eyesight, Dr. Shuldiner provides all of South Orange County – including Irvine, Newport Beach, Mission Viejo, San Clemente, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, and the surrounding neighborhoods – with advanced low vision devices and all-around compassionate care.
Why does our South Orange County optometrist limit his practice to low vision? Because he understands the devastation patients experience. The loss of normalcy and independence to perform simple everyday tasks can be frustrating. Reading, cooking, playing cards, watching TV, driving, and even walking can all become a challenge. Dr. Shuldiner strives to help every low vision patient see as clearly as possible – in order to regain control and enjoy an improved quality of life.
CAUSES OF LOW VISION
Low vision is caused by various ocular conditions which reduce the acuity of your vision.
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Stargardt’s disease
- Other vision limiting diseases
WE RECOMMEND PROACTIVE EYECARE FOR ALL YOUR VISION RELATED ISSUES...
DRIVING WITH LOW VISION
For persons who intend to drive, it’s great news to learn that South Orange County allows for low vision driving. This is on the condition that the patients undergo a thorough, comprehensive exam that will determine if their vision is fit for driving as per the requirements of the state. The state allows the use of bioptic telescopes to drive with the provision of a daytime restricted license.
Lucky for you, our South Orange County optometrist offers low vision services for patients who want to drive with low vision. We will take you through the whole process inclusive of how to drive with low vision. We provide the best quality solutions to our patients in all of South Orange County and neighboring areas.
For low vision services at South Orange County we have the backing of positive testimonials from our patients.
South Orange County
Our area is packed with gorgeous scenery and thrilling action, there’s always something amazing to view or do in South Orange County! The greater county is one of the country’s favorite tourist destination, with Disneyland attracting over 18 million visitors yearly. However, when you’re looking for a more peaceful, nature-loving activity, we have several sites in South Orange county to recommend.
- Head to the Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve, in Huntington Beach, to look for feathered friends. You can navigate through a variety of habitats, such as a salt marsh, open water, coastal dunes, mudflats, and seabird nesting islands, while in search of the 200+ species of birds located here.
- Crystal Cove State Park is a lovely seashore in Laguna Beach, South Orange County. As one of the largest natural seashores in the area, it has over three miles of beach to roam and 15 miles of trails to explore. There is also a listed Historic District, with picturesque cottages in an old seaside colony.
- Want to learn more about the marine and land creatures that are native to South Orange County? Head to Doheny State Beach, a California State Park in Dana Point, where there is a fabulous interactive learning center, an aquarium, and places to hike or wade in the water.
- Looking to reach great heights in South Orange County? Take a ride on the Balboa Fun Zone Ferris Wheel, which has been spinning in Newport Harbor since 1936. You can also take a ferry to nearby islands and visit a historic pier.
- Orange County Great Park, in Irvine, invites you to enjoy 1,300 acres fun! Wander through the Farmer’s Market, stroll along the viewing pier, check out the aviation exhibition, and view the arts complex. For a bird’s eye perspective of South Orange County, take a ride in a giant orange balloon.
- Need to refuel with food? South Orange County serves a mouthwatering selection of food for any taste. Start your day with breakfast at Ellie’s Table, in San Juan Capistrano, where flaky pastries and an aromatic mug from the coffee bar will do the trick. For a midday pick-me-up, we love the seaweed salad and spicy sauces at Kamea Poke, in Dana Point. Or you can always fill up on fresh tacos at Avila’s El Ranchito, a popular eatery in Laguna Beach. For dinner with a fantastic kick of heat, try the authentic dishes at La Colombiana, in San Clemente.