Serving Riverside and Orange Counties
Richard J. Shuldiner, OD, F.A.A.O., founded the International Academy of Low Vision Specialists in 2006. All of the members of the Academy have received extensive advanced training in Low Vision Care by Dr. Shuldiner in his California Offices.
- Doctor of Optometry, Pennsylvania College of Optometry, 1970
- Internship/Residency, Vision & Child Development, 1969-1970
- New York State Certification in Low Vision , 1975
- 41st Low Vision Diplomate, American Academy of Optometry, 1988
- Founder and Clinical Director, Westchester NY Lighthouse Low Vision Service, 1981-1992
- Founder and Clinical Director, Middletown NY Lighthouse Low Vision Service, 1983-1992
- Founder and Clinical Director, Low Vision Optometry of Southern California, 1994-present
- Principle Education Leader, Soviet-American Conference on Low Vision, Moscow, USSR, 1985
- Principle Education Leader, Sino-American Conference on Low Vision, Hong Kong, 1986
- Principle Education Leader, African-American Conference on Low Vision, Nairobi, Kenya, 1987
- Founded International Academy of Low Vision Specialists, 2006
- Public and Professional Lecturer on Low Vision throughout the United States, over 30 years
- President, Rialto Lions Club, 1996
- Member, Board of Directors, San Bernardino Lighthouse, 1998-2002
- Some Famous Patients who have seen Dr. Shuldiner:
- Jane Russell, movie actress
- Carroll Shelby, racecar driver and automobile manufacturer
- Margie Durante, wife of Jimmy Durante
- Francis Cagney, wife of James Cagney
- Dick Wilson, actor “Mr. Whipple” in Charmin Commercials
- Founded International Academy of Low Vision Specialists
- Low Vision Diplomate
- American Academy of Optometry
- American Optometric Association
Listen to Dr. Shuldiner's interview on The Power Hour Podcast
Where he talks about IALVS and how they help low vision patients start doing the things they want to do again.
IALVS doctors' testimonials for Dr. Shuldiner
"Listened to power hour today... all I could think of during your interview was how very thankful I am of being a part of IALVS and of our low Vision family! You have been instrumental in changing the lives of so many docs and patients. Thank ya for all you do!"
-Dr. Brett Mills
"I just listened. Very well done. I hope lots of ODs were listening and paying very close attention. Thanks for all of your work to change the Optometric culture.
ps: it’s still crazy here. (In a good way)"
-Dr. Dave Armstrong
"I listened to your interview. Well done. You keep opening doors. Thanks."
-Dr. Ron Weingart