Unfortunately, not every OD is eligible for training.
- Be a licensed optometrist.
- Practice in an area not currently marketed by any current IALVS member: see map of territories below.
- Have a minimum of $15,000 to invest in equipment and marketing for your new low vision service.
- Be in good standing with your State Board of Optometry or licensing authority.
- Have not committed any act or become involved in any situation or occurrence which is prohibited by law and/or will bring you public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- For live training, travel to California for 5 days and have no other activities or agenda planned.
- For virtual training:
- you must first purchase the low vision devices recommended by Dr. Shuldiner and have them in your possession prior to the start of training.
- You must have a secure, reliable, and high-speed internet connection.
- You must have a secure space with absolutely no interruptions in which to do our work.
- You must commit 5 consecutive days to training.
- Fees for USA/Canadian Doctors: $1500 training fee plus 5% of low vision gross revenues monthly.
- Fees for Foreign Doctors: $15,000 USD
THE WHAT AND WHY OF TERRITORIES
The “Shuldiner Philosophy” integrates three domains that are required for success:
- Getting the phone to ring
- The 12 Step Low Vision Evaluation
- The use of Prescription Low Vision Devices
The most difficult is actually getting the phone to ring with potential patients. Handling the call, setting up the appointment, and doing the low vision exam will be covered in fine detail during training. Product knowledge of PRESCRIPTION LOW VISION DEVICES is extensively taught and crucial to financial viability.
The fastest and most effective way to get the phone ringing is through direct patient marketing. It is expensive. The slowest and most tedious method, though less expensive, is going after referrals by eye care professionals. Logically, it should be easy, as these patients need special help. It is not.
Both will result in getting the phone to ring. Both require patience, persistence and funds.
We want you to be successful. We do NOT want you to waste your time your efforts, or your money.
Having your own marketing territory allows you to put forth 100% effort in getting your phone to ring.